Do you have a product launch coming up in your future? Sorry – that’s a trick question, we all have launches coming up. No matter if it’s a new product that you’ll be launching or a new version of an existing product, it’s all about the launch. As important as this product manager activity is, I’m often stunned to discover how many of us have never been trained on how to do a launch the right way…
How To Do A Launch The Right Way
This brings up the awkward question of just exactly what is the right way to do a product launch? Well, it can be easy to get lost in the details; however, I think that the right place to start is to make sure that you are going to be launching the right product.
If you create the wrong product, then no amount of effort on your part is going to result in the sales and profits that your company is looking for. Customers are not going to buy a product that doesn’t meet their needs. In the U.S. every year 30,000 new products are introduced and over 90% of them fail – clearly this product launch stuff is hard to do!
As product managers we can easily run into what is called “analysis paralysis”. This happens when we realize how important a launch is and we find it hard to make any decisions because we fear what the consequences might be. I’ve got some good news for you: with the right launch process, you always have the confidence that you are doing the right thing at the right time.
How You Can Learn To Do A Launch The Right Way
I’ve got some good news for you. I’ve taken everything that I know about successfully launching a product and put it into an online course that you can now access. This course covers everything that you need to know in order to get your next product launch off the ground and I provide it to you in both video and written formats so you can learn at your own speed.
What are we going to be covering?
- What does it take to be a successful Product Manager?
- How to do market segmentation
- Segmenting by product job
- Determining market needs
- How to size the market for your product
- Identifying competitive alternatives to your product
- How to determine what makes your company / product distinct
- How to create a unique selling proposition for your product
If you are anything like me, then after the webinar is over you’ll still be filled with a bunch of questions about exactly how you can go about launching YOUR product. That’s why I’m going to make sure that after the webinar is over you walk away with all of the information that you are going to need to have a successful launch:
- An MP3 copy of the webinar just in case you wanted to listen when you can’t watch
- My report “How To Create Product Requirements That Work”
- My report “Market Segmentation Secrets”
- The 45-page booklet “An Overview Of The Know Stage Of The $TOMP System”
- Your certificate for completing the second level in becoming $TOMP a certified product manager..
Finding out more about this course is easy to do. Go do it now. Here’s the link:
Question For You: How important is the successful launch of your product to you?
P.S.: Free subscriptions to The Accidental Product Manager Newsletter are now available. It’s your product – it’s your career. Subscribe now: Click Here!
What We’ll Be Talking About Next Time
product development definition, product manager resume, product manager job description